Thursday, December 10, 2009

the quest for the best burger


I've come to the conclusion that, despite the wealth of food blogs, articles, even clubs dedicated to the search....I need to decide for myself: who makes the best burger in NYC?
Here are my top 5 so far...

1. Back Forty (pictured)- meat is well-seasoned, bacon is thick, cheese is melty, fries and bun are deelish. I even liked the pickles! The homemade ketchup and sauce were to-die-for too...

2. Shake Shack - more of a classic burger...definitely smaller than Back Forty's burger, and simpler...quality meat, great bun (a bit chewier...tasted more like fast food - def not a bad thing - than the more homemade style back forty bun)...

3. Royale...again, meat is great, perfectly cooked (medium, pink in the middle)!  This one is a must-visit in the EV...

4. P.J. Clarkes...similar burger to Shake Shack...I just wished there were more of it! Gotta get this one at the Midtown East location...it's the original!

5. Heartland Brewery...ok so I was hungover when I had this badboy, so I might have a skewed perspective, but it was big and juicy and greasy, and these are all essential to a great burger. Skip the sweet potato fries, these were limp and lackluster (for these, you must visit Westville or Westville East!)...but if it happens to be your bday or you are in a particularly desserty mood...go for the cookie cake. Sweet lord it's amazing...

Soooo many more places to visit! Soooo little time! Sooo dreading putting on my skinny jeans...

No comments:

Post a Comment