Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thanksgiving goodies!

Tres belated...but, better late than never! Since I am home sick, I had time to post about Thanksgiving and the pumpkin crisp I made at home.

Wednesday night I bolted from work, caught the train, and met my mom in New Haven. We picked up some New Haven style pizza (the BEST!) at Pepe's (the best of the best!) - although I have to say, Modern Pizza might just be my favorite New Haven Pizza joint these days. Their beer is great, too.

Thursday I got the baking bug and after I finished on turnip and mashed potato duty, and saved the gravy (in essence saving the day, because what is Turkey Day without gravy), I threw together this pumpkin crisp (I can't find the original recipe I found online, but this is the same), I just added pecans to the top. This was great, esp a la mode - but next year, I will definitely be resuming my search for a pumpkin crisp with oats! I only have this one photo since we gobbled it up before I could take any of the other beauty shots I had planned :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment