Friday, March 12, 2010

I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream for Frozen Custard!

As warm-weather season approaches and the lines at ice cream shops around the city grow longer, I can't help but sing the praises of ice cream's lesser-known and (in my opinion) more delicious cousin, Frozen Custard!!  And where better to indulge in this rich treat than Shake Shack!?  Nowhere I say.  Shake shack frozen custard is where it's at. 


On my most recent trip to the Shack, I indulged in this heavenly Concrete concotion, inspired by this post on one of my favorite dessert blogs, Just Desserts.  Chocolate frozen custard.  Peanut butter sauce.  Marshmallow.  Chocolate Truffle Cookie Dough. 

When I ordered, the nice gentleman at the counter asked me how many spoons I wanted, and looked at me quizzically when I said "just one".  Surely he didn't think I could finish this entire treat on my own.  Surely this man does not know me.  Too bad I didn't have the discipline to hold off sampling before I took the photo.  Oh, well, you get the point.  This is crazy-delicious and worth the trip.  And certainly worth having one to yourself!  Enjoy.

cannelle

No comments:

Post a Comment