Monday, March 15, 2010

Tu-lu's Gluten Free Gloriousness

As I've recently made changes to my diet for health reasons, I have of course been craving all of the things I am no longer able to enjoy.  Enter Tu-lu's bakery, an adorable new East Village spot featuring gluten-free, vegan, and even agave-sweetened (for those who must avoid beloved sugar, as well) desserts that, in this glutton's mind, taste just as amazing as the real thing!


the agave-sweetened brownie (even the edges were moist and chocolately!)

the ginger-molasses cookie (cakey, buttery, more molassas than ginger - perfect!)

Thank goodness, Miel agreed to venture out with me in the monsoon this past weekend to satisfy my deprived sweet tooth, and though I am very picky with desserts (the cake must be the MOST moist it can be!  the icing sweet enough but not too sweet!  and never grainy!), and I have never EVER met a dessert that I called "too rich", I can honestly say that Tu-lu's (recently changed from Tully's) does a fabulous job of creating sweet treats (their menu also features sandwiches and other savory items) that everyone can enjoy.  Even if you're not gluten-free, I highly recommend you try something from this adorable little shop next time you're in the EV.

xx
cannelle



No comments:

Post a Comment